[mpich-discuss] cross compiling using mpich

Rob Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Apr 16 16:42:52 CDT 2015

On 04/16/2015 08:33 AM, Jeff Hammond wrote:
> https://wiki.mpich.org/mpich/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions#Q:_Why_can.27t_I_build_MPICH_on_Windows_anymore.3F

well jeff since you unhelpfully replied to this poor guy with a link to
the wiki that he already got last week, allow me to be pedantic for a
moment:  he's not building mpich *on* windows.  he's building mpich
*for* windows.  *On* linux.

None of us have ever done that, though, so mapalo92 is on his/her own.

==rob

> On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 12:37 AM, mapalo92 . <mapalo2008 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> my target is windows and my host is linux

>>> which is your target and which is your host? If you are building a linux
>>> target on a windows host, you might be better off setting up a virtual
>>> machine and doing your cross compilation there.
>>>
>>> In general, cross compilation works with mpich: we do it regularly for
>>> Blue Gene.
>>>
>>> ==rob
>>>
>>> --
>>> Rob Latham
>>> Mathematics and Computer Science Division
>>> Argonne National Lab, IL USA

Rob Latham
Argonne National Lab, IL USA