[mpich-discuss] How to use non-blocking send/receive without calling MPI_Wait

Jeff Hammond jeff.science at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 18:45:33 CDT 2015

>>> I don't expect MPI to make async progress on Ethernet unless you have a comm thread in MPI poking the network.
>>
>> Friendly reminder, Jeff: Ethernet != sockets.  The statement you are making is generally true for sockets but not necessarily for Ethernet.
>>

> I bit my tongue for the same reasons… ;-)

Correction: I do not expect MPICH to make async progress on Ethernet
(because it uses sockets).

I'm not sure how this in any way affects the conversation being had,
other than to demonstrate that chemists are unreliable sources of
information about networking hardware ;-)

Jeff Hammond
jeff.science at gmail.com
http://jeffhammond.github.io/