[mpich-discuss] MPE animation crash

Schilling, Herbert W. (GRC-VE00) hschilling at nasa.gov
Tue Dec 15 10:36:30 CST 2015

Hi Rob,

 Thanks for the response! It's amazing to get responses from people I see in videos that I watch about MPI.

 I will try to find some time to see if I can fix the animation crash. I hope I can find a much smaller sample code with the same problem. It would be a pain to debug this with the huge code that I am running now.

 Yes, definitely will use valgrind. Have used it before.

 About the question the actual animations, I may not have asked the question correctly or I am not reading your response correctly. I wanted to know what the arrows are trying to show in the sense of which 'mode' of sends are these? Or are all the sends shown the same way? Are bcasts, scatters, gathers shown differently ? Are they shown at all? I guess I can just try some sample codes to figure that out or look through the code. Just hoped it was written down somewhere.

 Thanks!

On Dec 14, 2015, at 12:22 PM, Rob Latham <robl at mcs.anl.gov<mailto:robl at mcs.anl.gov>>