[mpich-discuss] query ABI version

Wesley Bland wbland at anl.gov
Fri Feb 20 13:32:15 CST 2015

I don’t think there’s a good answer for this. The file maint/version.m4 is where we keep the ABI string:

m4_define([libmpi_so_version_m4],[0:0:0])

Obviously, that’s pretty terrible to try to parse for a user. Also, in unreleased versions, those numbers will remain 0. It’s just in tarballs that the number will be updated.

Otherwise, you can get the name at the end of your shared library string that libtool appends. If this is important, we’ll have to figure out something for future versions.

Thanks,
Wesley