[mpich-discuss] question in MPI_Info_get

Junchao Zhang jczhang at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Feb 2 14:54:12 CST 2015

Hi, Hajime,
 MPI spec also says "valuelen is the number of characters available in
value". So it seems if you should pass valuelen = 4 if value is a buffer of
4 bytes.
 I am also confused by "In C, valuelen should be one less than the amount
of allocated space to allow for the null terminator".  So I leave the
question for others.
 Interestingly, for MPI_Info_get_valuelen(), MPI spec says "The length
returned in C does not include the end-of-string".

 BTW, I found MPICH and OpenMPI have the same behavior.

--Junchao Zhang