[mpich-discuss] I have problem with install Mpich3.1.3

Mahesh Doijade maheshdoijade at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 05:18:44 CST 2015

Hi

The issue you are seeing is due to missing fortran compiler. You can
disable fortan build by passing options "--disable-f77" & "disable-fc",
while configuring the build .i.e., to "./configure". Else if you want to
have mpich to be built for fortran bindings also, then you need to install
gfortran, so for ubuntu installing gfortran, should be running command
"sudo apt-get install gfortran"

On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 4:26 PM, Mohammed Al-Fahham <
Al-FahhamMA at cardiff.ac.uk> wrote:

>  Dear sir
>

>  I'm a PhD student in Cardiff university(Wales,UK). I'm trying to install
> mpich3.1.3 but I have the attached message. I;m not professional in linux ,
> so would you please tell me step by step how can I install it correctly. by
> the way I need fortran compiler so I installed (
> parallel_studio_xe_2015_update1 ) and my fortran compiler ifort 15 and my
> system is Ubuntu 14.04.

Regards,
Mahesh Doijade,