[mpich-discuss] MPICH and sudo mpiexec

Thibault, Daniel Daniel.Thibault at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Thu Jun 4 08:44:48 CDT 2015

-----Message d'origine-----
De : "Antonio J. Peña" [mailto:apenya at mcs.anl.gov]
Envoyé : 3 juin 2015 11:03

> On 06/03/2015 08:40 AM, Thibault, Daniel wrote:
> > ------------------------------
> >     It seems there are two problems here.  The first is using a user-qualified machine file (e.g. <username>@<host>): this fails even before we get to the elevation problem.  The failure is different under MPICH 3.1.4:
>
> Yeah, I don't think we support that kind of format. Our wiki page
> (http://wiki.mpich.org/mpich/index.php/Using_the_Hydra_Process_Manager)
> is down now and I can't check for sure, but I seem to remember that the correct format to specify the user name in host files is:
>
> <host> user=<username>
>
> Antonio J. Peña
> Postdoctoral Appointee
> Mathematics and Computer Science Division Argonne National Laboratory
> 9700 South Cass Avenue, Bldg. 240, Of. 3148 Argonne, IL 60439-4847 apenya at mcs.anl.gov www.mcs.anl.gov/~apenya

   That's indeed the correct format!  Remarkably, only for MPICH 3.1.4.

   I tried this format with 3.0.4 and it choked ("Open RTE detected a parse error in the hostfile"; even more remarkably, it reports a non-sensical location for the error: line 37, token 5 "user", even though the file has two lines and "user" occurs as token 2).  base/ras_base_allocate.c line 293

Daniel U. Thibault
RDDC - Centre de recherches de Valcartier | DRDC - Valcartier Research Centre
NAC : 918V QSDJ <http://www.travelgis.com/map.asp?addr=918V%20QSDJ>
Gouvernement du Canada | Government of Canada
<http://www.valcartier.drdc-rddc.gc.ca/>