[mpich-discuss] Slave hosts panic after mpirun

Vaibhav Rekhate rekhatevm11.comp at coep.ac.in
Fri Mar 27 10:52:14 CDT 2015

I have setup a cluster on Ubuntu 12.04 machines (using the steps outlined here: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MpichCluster)

The environment variable PATH is set. The code is compiled on the master node and executed on the master node. After execution of the code, the slave nodes crash, i.e. the slaves start rebooting, debug statements on the display indicate kernel panic. The slaves have to be restarted. This is not exactly reproducible as it does not happen every time, but sometimes.

Regards,
Vaibhav Rekhate
B. Tech, Computer Engineering
College of Engineering, Pune