[mpich-discuss] calculated a execution time in a parallel programe

Chafik sanaa san.chafik at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 05:44:56 CST 2015

I use the MPICH2 to parallelize my algorithm on an i5 machine, is the time
calculated in this type of machinery is the time actually consumed or
estimated in my programe? I ask this question because someone told me that
if you do not work on a parallel machine then even if you calculate the
execution time in your parallel algorithm and you compare it with the
algorithm that you do not use parallelism is not correct.effectively I
tried to compare the execution time of both programs but really I find that
there's a accelerartion when I use the parallelism