[mpich-discuss] MPICH2 Running Fortan Programs Issue

James Carey mf14jc at mail.wbs.ac.uk
Sat May 30 04:44:43 CDT 2015

Hi,

I have two seperate issues but I believe they may be linked:

1. fpi.exe is hanging when run

This is the example fortran available with the MPICH2 download. I compile
the program through code::blocks with the GNU Fortran compiler with link
library ~MPICH2\lib\fmpich2g and compiler search directory \MPICH2\include

The program appears to compile fine with no errors/flags etc. When I run
the program from the code::bloacks IDE it runs fine. But when in the
command prompt (logged in as asministrator) the command

mpiexec -n 4 fpi

hangs. Note the same command for the c file (mpiexec -n 4 cpi) runs fine.

2. My Fortran program gives an error when run through mpiexec. Again, the
program is compiled with the same settings as above. However, when using
the command

mpiexec -n 4 <myexefile>

I receive the following error message

job aborted:
rank: node: exit code [: error message]
0: James-PC: 123
1: James-PC: -1073741819: process 1 exited with calling finalize
2: James-PC: -1073741819: process 2 exited with calling finalize
3: James-PC: 123

System Details:
Windows 7
64 bit system but code::blocks and MPICH are 32 bit
MPICH version is mpich2 1.4.1p1

Thanks in advance,
James