[mpich-discuss] Error while using MPI platform with CPP program

Umesh Shisode ushisode1 at gmail.com
Wed May 20 04:55:18 CDT 2015

Hello Junchao,

I initialize vector b, but even then it is not working for broadcasting. It
gives same error. As the vector class is user defined and also I use
dynamic memory allocation. This may be the reason for failing. If you know
about it then please tell.
I am here attaching the zip file which contains only the vector class and
main file as well as error I am facing. Please have a look at it. Thanks
for your time. I am waiting for your reply.

Regards,

Umesh Sharad Shisode,
M.Tech in Modeling and Simulation(2013-15),
Centre for Modeling and Simulation,
University of Pune.

On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 10:57 PM, Junchao Zhang <jczhang at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> Your code "MPI_Bcast(&b(0), b.get_row(), MPI_DOUBLE, 1, MPI_COMM_WORLD)"
>  is OK.  You can find manual of MPI_Bcast at
> http://mpi.deino.net/mpi_functions/MPI_Bcast.html
> Don't forget to initialize the vector b, in other words, allocate memory
> for it, on ALL ranks.
>

> --Junchao Zhang
>
> On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 9:27 AM, Umesh Shisode <ushisode1 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Junchao,
>>
>> I sort out the problem for MPI_Send() and MPI_Recv(), as I requested in
>> last mail. Now I have one more difficulty which is how can I broadcast
>> class object using MPI_Bcast() function. In my case, class is Vector (you
>> can check it at vect_fun.h header file). I want to broadcast it to all
>> processes. I have used dynamic memory allocation in the code. Please help
>> me to solved the issue. I am waiting for your reply. Thanks.
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Umesh Sharad Shisode,
>> M.Tech in Modeling and Simulation(2013-15),
>> Centre for Modeling and Simulation,
>> University of Pune.
>>
>> On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 7:51 AM, Umesh Shisode <ushisode1 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Sorry Junchao,
>>>
>>> Thanks for your reply. But my problem is with MPICH only. My question is
>>> how to send part of class object (in my case matrix object) from one
>>> process to another process using MPI_Send and receive using MPI_Recv
>>> functions. I tried a lot of way but couldn't do it. I hope you will help
>>> me. Thanks in advance. I have write a function to get the pointer address