[mpich-discuss] handling illegal values in --enable-error-messages

Halim Amer aamer at anl.gov
Mon Nov 2 12:59:55 CST 2015

Sayan,

Configure options given at the root directory are propagated to the
sub-directories that contain some independent components (in the sense
they can have a standalone build) such as Hydra, ROMIO, OpenPA and so
on. These components may have their own options and may not need some
MPICH-core options. So, detecting illegal options at the root level is
difficult and not supported at the current state. That's why you can
pass illegal options and only detect them a complication time.

--Halim
www.mcs.anl.gov/~aamer