[mpich-discuss] Possible integer overflows at scale in gather.c

Ignacio Laguna lagunaperalt1 at llnl.gov
Fri Oct 2 18:25:51 CDT 2015

Rob,

I applied the patch and the analysis doesn't report any scale-dependent
overflow now. Thanks! This fixes it.

If you are interested, I could try the analysis on other parts of mpich
that perhaps are not frequently used -- I only tested these functions:
broadcast, scatter, gather, reduce, alltoall, gatherv, isend, irecv, and
wait. I didn't try I/O functions for example. We could coordinate this
in this forum or in a separate email. Just let me know. Unfortunately,
until we release it, it can only be tested on my side.

Thanks for your help!

Ignacio