[mpich-discuss] Question on MPI_Type_create_struct

Dorier, Matthieu mdorier at anl.gov
Thu Oct 1 10:03:55 CDT 2015

Hi,

Suppose I have a file containing "ABCD", I build a type that would let me read "AC" and another type allowing me to read "BD". Can I then create a struct type using MPI_Type_create_struct combining the 2 types, and use it in an MPI_File_set_view such that if I then read 4 bytes on the file, I get "ACDB" in my buffer?

If so, another more complicated scenario: say my first type would let me read "ACD" from the file and the second type would allow me to read "BC", can I then build a struct type using those two types, use it in an MPI_File_set_view to get "ACDBC" if I read 5 bytes?

Thanks,

Matthieu