[mpich-discuss] gcc 6.0 miscompiles mpich ?

Halim Amer aamer at anl.gov
Wed Apr 6 11:32:13 CDT 2016

This information is insufficient to blame the compiler.
We don't know if the user (application code), MPICH, or gcc is doing
something wrong.

First, you need to use a stable compiler version (not trunk) and a
recent MPICH (3.2 not the old 3.1 version).

Second, you need to make sure the user code is not doing something wrong
(e.g. MPI_Alltoall could have gotten an invalid buffer address or
count). If you send us a toy program that reproduces the problem, we
could help with this.

--Halim
www.mcs.anl.gov/~aamer