[mpich-discuss] any clue on this mpiio error

Rob Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Feb 10 11:46:00 CST 2016

On 02/10/2016 11:39 AM, Jaln wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My jobs on Edison die on IO errors like this:
>
> ADIOI_CRAY_WRITECONTIG(284): filename='OUT/rei20_0.g029'
> error='Input/output er
> ror' errno=5 PE=00044 W_rec=33518 off=2232920756 len=0000524288 See MPICH_
> MPIIO_ABORT_ON_RW_ERROR.
>
> Any Ideas about this error infor? I couldn't find anything on Google.
> Thanks

Cray doesn't share their modifications to ROMIO with us.  You'll have
more luck with your cray support contact.

errno 5 might be indicative of a general I/O error of some kind.   Your
offset is just large enough that maybe you are hitting some kind of cray
32 bit limitation?

but I'm only guessing as cray doesn't share source with us.

==rob