[mpich-discuss] Fwd: mpich-3.2 using cygwin

Jeff Hammond jeff.science at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 18:12:26 CST 2016

Please use a Cygwin file path that doesn't have a space in it.

Using ifort for Windows may not work with Cygwin.  Please try with Cygwin's
gfortran instead.

Jeff

configure:31368: gcc -c      -I/cygdrive/c/Program
Files/MPICH-3.2/mpich-3.2/src/mpl/include -I/cygdrive/c/Program
Files/MPICH-3.2/mpich-3.2/src/mpl/include -D_REENTRANT conftest.c >&5

gcc: Files/MPICH-3.2/mpich-3.2/src/mpl/include: No such file or directory

On Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 1:26 PM, Bhanu Hariharan <bhanu at petrotel.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to build the mpich-3.2 libs on a Windows 64 bit Vista.
>
> I am using cygwin and I am following the configure and build instructions
> on http://www.mpich.org/static/downloads/3.2/mpich-3.2-installguide.pdf
>

> On launching the configure command, I first ran into OpenPA errors, so
> just to get around it I renamed openpa folder in src to ##openpa
>
> Then I ran into some fortran errors - I have ifort compiler.
> "Could not determine a way to link a Fortran test program!"
>
> I am sending you c.txt and config.log as was suggested in the .pdf.
> Could anyone help me understand why I might be getting the error and a way
> out.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Regards,
> Bhanu
>
> PS: Separate question: I was able to find .msi for older versions of
> mpich2 but not anymore. Can I download .msi for latest mpich2 versions?
>

> ------------------------------
> *DISCLAIMER*: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it ("Message")
> is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above and may
> contain confidential information. You are hereby notified that the taking
> of any action in reliance upon, or any review, retransmission,
> dissemination, distribution, printing or copying of this Message or any
> part thereof by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly
> prohibited. If you have received this Message in error, you should delete
> this Message immediately and advise the sender by return e-mail. Opinions,
> conclusions and other information in this Message that do not relate to the
> official business of PETROTEL  or its affiliated Companies shall be
> understood as neither given nor endorsed by PETROTEL or any of its
> affiliated companies.

Jeff Hammond
jeff.science at gmail.com
http://jeffhammond.github.io/