[mpich-discuss] cleaning up old ROMIO (MPI-IO) drivers

Rob Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jan 5 11:31:37 CST 2016

I'm itching to discard some of the little-used file system drivers in
ROMIO, an MPI-IO implementation used by, well, everyone.

I've got more details in this ROMIO blog post:
http://press3.mcs.anl.gov/romio/2016/01/05/cleaning-out-old-romio-file-system-drivers/

Right now the plan is to keep these drivers:

- Lustre
- GPFS
- UFS
- PVFS2
- PANFS
- NFS
- TESTFS
- XFS

Do you use any of the other ROMIO file system drivers?  If you don't
know if you do, or don't know what a ROMIO file system driver is, then
it's unlikely you are using one.

What if you use a driver and it's not on the list?  First off, let me
know and I will probably want to visit your site and take a picture of
your system.  Then, let me know how much longer you foresee using the
driver and we'll create a "deprecated" list for N more years.

Thanks
==rob

--
Rob Latham