[mpich-discuss] MPI_Comm_disconnect and pending communications

Jorge Bellón jorge.bellon at bsc.es
Tue Jul 26 11:57:08 CDT 2016

Hi,
I am currently working with dynamic process creation with MPI using
MPI_Comm_spawn_multiple.

However, I'm facing issues during the application cleanup:
MPI_Comm_disconnect function is hung and does not ever return (it is
being called by all the processes involved in the intercommunicator).

I know this issue could happen when there are unfinished communications
(this has already happened to me in the past), in a similar way
MPI_Finalize waits until all the communications in all the
communicators are completed.

This time, though, I'm not able to track which communications haven't
finished yet. I was able to trace all the calls to the library using
gdb and breakpoints, but everything seems OK to me.

Is there any way to log the start and arrival of the messages (maybe
using configure "--enable-g" option or setting one of the environment
variables)?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
 Jorge

WARNING / LEGAL TEXT: This message is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
information which is privileged, confidential, proprietary, or exempt
from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended
recipient or the person responsible for delivering the message to the
intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing,
distributing, copying, or in any way using this message. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the sender and
destroy and delete any copies you may have received.

http://www.bsc.es/disclaimer