[mpich-discuss] Mpich-3.2 slowdown with gforker

Jeff Hammond jeff.science at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 12:33:56 CDT 2016

Why don't you use hydra instead of gforker?

Over subscribing is bad if MPI polls in shared memory code. I believe
nemesis does this. You can use ch3:sock to workaround but it is
discouraged. Best option is to not oversubscribe. Do you need this for more
than debugging? I know PETSc folks like to debug that way.

Is hyper threading turned on or off? /proc/cpuinfo will answer this if you
don't know. It is on by default AFAIK.

Jeff

--
Jeff Hammond