[mpich-discuss] uninitialized MPI_Status object

Wei-keng Liao wkliao at eecs.northwestern.edu
Mon Mar 28 12:26:07 CDT 2016

My test program can be compiled with command "mpicc get_count.c -o get_count"
and run "mpiexec -n 4 get_count". For correct (expected) result, nothing
will be printed on stdout. Otherwise, error messages will be printed.

My point is MPI_Get_count does not report correct result because
MPI collective I/O call fails to initialize the MPI_Status object.

I found that OpenMPI and earlier version of MPICH (2-1.2.1) can run
this test code correctly.

The test failed when I ran MPICH 3.1.4 and the current from GIT repo.

Wei-keng