[mpich-discuss] cb_nodes accurate number and list

Bob Cernohous bob.cernohous at gmail.com
Fri May 6 10:16:29 CDT 2016

Are you asking about  MPICH_MPIIO_HINTS_DISPLAY?  That should display the
hints at file open.

> man intro_mpi

     MPICH_MPIIO_HINTS_DISPLAY
               If set, causes rank 0 in the participating communicator to
               display the names and values of all MPI-IO hints that are
               set for the file being opened with the MPI_File_open call.

               Default: not enabled.

The MPICH_MPIIO_HINTS is used to set hints.

> MPICH_MPIIO_HINTS_DISPLAY=1 MPICH_MPIIO_HINTS=*:romio_no_indep_rw=true
....run a program

PE 0: MPIIO hints for testdir/file:
          cb_nodes                 = 1
          romio_no_indep_rw        = true
          cb_config_list           = *:*
          romio_filesystem_type    = CRAY ADIO:

On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 8:35 PM, Rob Latham <robl at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> On 05/05/2016 07:27 PM, Jaln wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I'm using the environmental variable MPICH_MPIIO_HINTS, to dump the
>> mpiio configuration,
>> but apparently, many layers(HDF5, Filesystems, etc) can overwrite the
>> hints that passed in by the user. I think MPICH_MPIIO_HINTS can only
>> grab the static information, not the runtime info. I'm wondering if
>> there is anyway to accurately print out the MPIIO information without
>> hacking the source codes? Thanks,
>>

> First off, I don't have any idea what Cray is doing with their MPI
> implementation.  They don't share their code with us, so you'd better
> contact them for support.
>

> I'm going to guess that MPICH_MPIIO_HINTS is really doing what you want --
> if it's not, that's a bug and you should contact cray about that.
>
> ==rob

A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.  -- Steven Wright