[mpich-discuss] Size of a type created with MPI_Type_create_darray

Dorier, Matthieu mdorier at anl.gov
Fri Nov 11 07:36:07 CST 2016

Hi,

I have a trace of an MPI program in which parameters of every MPI calls have been recorded. Some communication functions are using a user-defined type created with MPI_Type_create_darray.

I would like to know what is the size of this type as a function of the parameters passed to MPI_Type_create_darray (again, I'm working on a trace, so I can't just call MPI_Type_size). We can assume, for simplicity, that the oldtype parameter is MPI_BYTE. I'm having troubles understanding, from the standard and from online documentation, how this function works and how I can compute this size. Could you help?

Thanks,

Matthieu