[mpich-discuss] ADIOI_Set_lock error

Luke Van Roekel luke.vanroekel at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 23:47:16 CDT 2016

Hello,

I've been trying to compile and run a very simple mpi test on our cluster
with intel-mpi and openmpi.  The test program is below.  When I run with
openmpi everything is fine.  When I run with intel-mpi, I receive the
following error

This requires fcntl(2) to be implemented. As of 8/25/2011 it is not.
Generic MPICH Message: File locking failed in ADIOI_Set_lock(fd 6,cmd
F_SETLKW/7,type F_WRLCK/1,whence 0) with return value FFFFFFFF and errno 26.

- If the file system is NFS, you need to use NFS version 3, ensure that the
lockd daemon is running on all the machines, and mount the directory with
the 'noac' option (no attribute caching).

- If the file system is LUSTRE, ensure that the directory is mounted with
the 'flock' option.

ADIOI_Set_lock:: Function not implemented

ADIOI_Set_lock:offset 0, length 4

Any thoughts on how to proceed?  The size/format of the file read in seems
to make no difference.

Regards,
Luke

 #include <stdio.h>

 #include <stdlib.h>

 #include <mpi.h>

  int main(int argc, char **argv) {

    int buf, err;

    MPI_File fh;

    MPI_Status status;

    MPI_Init(&argc, &argv);

    if (argc != 2) {

        printf("Usage: %s filename\n", argv[0]);

        MPI_Finalize();

        return 1;

    }

    err = MPI_File_open(MPI_COMM_WORLD, argv[1], MPI_MODE_CREATE |

                        MPI_MODE_RDWR, MPI_INFO_NULL, &fh);

    if (err != MPI_SUCCESS) printf("Error: MPI_File_open()\n");

    err = MPI_File_write_all(fh, &buf, 1, MPI_INT, &status);

    if (err != MPI_SUCCESS) printf("Error: MPI_File_write_all()\n");

    MPI_File_close(&fh);

    MPI_Finalize();

    return 0;

}