[mpich-discuss] MPI_F08_status

James Custer jcuster at sgi.com
Wed Sep 7 09:46:35 CDT 2016

Hi all,

It looks like MPICH defines MPI_F08_Status, but the standard says:

"Using the mpi_f08 Fortran module, a status is declared as TYPE(MPI_Status). The C type MPI_F08_status can be used to pass a Fortran TYPE(MPI_Status) argument into a C routine. Figure 17.1 illustrates all status conversion routines. Some are only available in C, some in both C and Fortran."

That is, MPI_F08_Status should be MPI_F08_status. Am I correct here, or am I missing something?

Regards,
James Custer