[mpich-discuss] Limitation of open files on Mira

jt.meng at siat.ac.cn jt.meng at siat.ac.cn
Thu Apr 20 00:35:27 CDT 2017

Hi Rob,
      Can we increase the number of open files on Mira to 1 million?  Currently the number of open files is set to be 65536, and users can increase it manually to its hard limitation of 81920.
      Can we increase this hard limitation to 1 million for Mira for a one week test on MPI IO in Mira?  Thanks.

root            soft    nofile          65536
root            hard    nofile          81920  <--

Best,

jt.meng at siat.ac.cn