[mpich-discuss] mpicc -V broken

Min Si msi at anl.gov
Tue Apr 18 20:39:12 CDT 2017

Your `mpicc -show` output shows there is no bug in mpicc script.

I tried to configure mpiblast with MPICH v3.2 release. I see a slightly
different error reported if searching `mpicc -V` in config.log, but the
configure is completed without any error.

I think the configure just tries to get some compiler information
through common options such as `--version`,  `-v`, or `-V`.  But it does
not break the configure if any of those options is unsupported. So you
can just ignore this error message. Please let us know if you find other
problem break the compiling.

Btw, here is the error message on my side. I think we see different
errors for `-V` option just because of a different GCC version.
gcc version 4.8.5 20150623 (Red Hat 4.8.5-11) (GCC)
configure:2855: $? = 0
configure:2862:
/home/minsi/git/mpich.git.v3.2/build-gnu-tcp/install/bin/mpicc -V >&5
gcc: error: unrecognized command line option '-V'

Min