[mpich-discuss] Torque MPICH jobs stuck

Souparno Adhikary souparnoa91 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 03:18:00 CDT 2017

I know this is not a proper place to discuss this, but, as the Torque-mpich
list seems dead, I can't think of any other place to post this.

MPICH2 was installed in the servers. I installed Torque afterwards. I
opened the ports including them in the iptables file.

Torque mpi jobs (even the simple jobs like hostname) remains stuck. But,
the jobs are properly distributed in the nodes and pbsnodes -a showing them
in order.

The sched_log files and server_logs do not yield anything different.
Therefore, it might be a problem with the mpich2.

Can you please suggest me from where I can start troubleshooting???

Thanks,

Souparno Adhikary,
CHPC Lab,
Department of Microbiology,