[mpich-discuss] [MPICH users] Problems using MPICH instead of OpenMPI

Kenneth Raffenetti raffenet at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jan 30 09:27:51 CST 2017

One thing to be careful of is that you are not mixing an mpiexec from
openmpi with an application linked with mpich. This can cause issues
with processes being able to connect to each other, which is likely what
is happening in your runs.

Please double check that you are using the mpiexec from mpich.

Ken