[mpich-discuss] Segmentation fault when MPICH is compiled with Portland compiler 17.5

Andrew Wood andrew at fluidgravity.co.uk
Mon Jul 10 08:48:17 CDT 2017

Hi,

I'm getting a segmentation fault in MPI_INIT, when MPICH is compiled with the
current version of the Portland compilers:

> mpif90 code.f90 && ./a.out
Segmentation fault

code.f90 is in the attached .tar.gz file, along with the .log files generated by
configuring and building MPICH.

This occurs with PGI versions 17.1 and 17.5, but not with versions 16.1, 16.5 or
16.7, nor with the current Intel or gcc compilers. It occurs with MPICH versions
3.1.4, 3.2 and the current master branch in the github repository.

The problem does not occur if MPICH is configured with the option '--disable-fast'.

Is this a bug in MPICH or PGI, or have I done something else wrong?

Thanks,
Andy.

--
Dr Andrew Wood
Fluid Gravity Engineering Ltd.

Fluid Gravity Engineering Ltd is registered in the UK with registration number
1674369. The registered address is Fluid Gravity Engineering Ltd, Unit 1, The
Old Coach House, 1 West Street, Emsworth, Hampshire, PO10 7DX.