[mpich-discuss] shared library error

Haider Abbas haiderabbasphy at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 01:36:53 CST 2018

Dear all,

I have prepared a 10 node cluster (each having 4 core). I have installed
GAMESS and QUANTUM ESPRESSO. Gamess is running fine, but when I run quantum
espresso with the command

mpiexec -n 4 ./pw.x -i relax2.in > out.out &

I get no error and everything is fine. And the job run on all 4 core a
single node.

But when I run the same job on the 10 node with the command

mpiexec -f hosts -n 40 ./pw.x -i relax2.in > out.out &

I get the error

mpiuser at master:~/qe-29-11/bin$ ./pw.x: error while loading shared
libraries: liblapack.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

./pw.x: error while loading shared libraries: liblapack.so.3: cannot open

./pw.x: error while loading shared libraries: liblapack.so.3: cannot open

However, I have "liblapack.so.3" in the same directory from where I am
running the job.

I sought your help.
Thanking in advance.
with regards