[mpich-discuss] Verify infiniband communication

Min Si msi at anl.gov
Wed Jan 24 03:20:50 CST 2018

If you specified the mxm device at installation, it should use the
InfiniBand network. MPICH does not have a mechanism to check the layer
under mxm (i.e., InfinBand or Ethernet).

A simple way to verify is to test the bandwidth. You can use OSU
benchmark or Intel MPI benchmark to test the MPI pt2pt bandwidth. If the
InfiniBand network is used, it is usually several GB/s which is much
faster than that on Ethernet.

Min