[mpich-discuss] error when running mpich hydra with sge

Shuwei Zhao shuweizhao1991 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 20:16:19 CDT 2018

Hi, All,

I met with an issue that when run mpich-3.2.1 with SGE grid. After reading
the wikipage
https://wiki.mpich.org/mpich/index.php/Using_the_Hydra_Process_Manager, I
tried to run a 4 process application on SGE but still get the following
error:
    "error: executing task of job 151347 failed: execution daemon on host
"host1" didn't accept task"
"error: executing task of job 151347 failed: execution daemon on host
"host1" didn't accept task"
"error: executing task of job 151347 failed: execution daemon on host
"host1" didn't accept task"

Here is the list of commands I tried to run:
mpiexec -n 4 - f  machine_file ./my_executable
mpiexec -rmk sge -n 4 -f machine_file ./my_executable
mpiexec -launcher sge -n 4 -f machine_file ./my_executable
mpiexec -rmk sge -launcher sge -n 4 -f machine_file ./my_executable

Has anyone can share with me successful experience on running mpich in sge?
Or can anyone point me how to fix this error?

Appreciate your help ahead!

Thanks,
Shuwei