[mpich-discuss] what's the right way to run mpiexec with sge?

Shuwei Zhao shuweizhao1991 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 15:15:12 CDT 2018

Hi,

I'm a bit confused by the correct way for interacting mpiexec with sge.
here is my original way of interacting mpich2 with sge successfully but
failed with mpich3.

1. using qsub submit 2 subjobs at the same time:
qsub -P bhosts - pe mt 1 ./myscript
qsub -P bhosts - pe mt 1 ./myscript
2. Using lock file handle to a temporary file to decide master and slave.
3. Both master and slave echo host name to a hosts file.
4. run mpiexec -n 2 -f hosts ./mybinary(this one always fail)
5. I tried to change command in 4th to mpiexec -launcher sge -n 2 -f hosts
./mybinary but also fails.

as mpiexec -help says, mpiexec will automatically interact with resource
manager like sge, lsf, I'm a bit confused about the right way to interact
with sge.
do you know what's wrong with my application?

Thanks,
Shuwei