[mpich-discuss] AERMOD MPI Error

Tolga Pilevneli tpilevneli at gmail.com
Sat May 19 12:24:12 CDT 2018

Hello,

I am trying to use MPICH2.1.4.1.p1 with Lakes Environmental AERMOD View. I
used this feature many times with different computers and had no problems.

However I recently bought a new computer (Dell Inspiron 7577 i7-7700HQ with
SSD) and did a clean Win 10 installation (v1803). I have also installed
.net framework 3.5 from Settings-> Programs and Features -> Turn Windows
Features On.

In my first try I got this error

Unknown option -d
Error while connecting to host, No connection could be made because the
target machine actively refused it (10061)
Connect on sock (host=R2D2, port=8676) failed, exhaused all end points
Unable to connect to 'R2D2:8676', sock error: Error = -1
Readfile() failed, error 109
unable to start the local smpd manager

Then I installed mpich2 from command prompt by "msiexec /I %path%". This
time I got another error:

Unable to open the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTFWARE\MPICH\SMPD\Process\2776
registry key, error 5, Access is denied.

This has various similar errors with different registry keys. 3240, 6304,
11892, 8504, 12536, 9664, 3104. Numbers change with each try.

I have also tried various different things. Adding bin folder to system
path, giving full access to smpd from registry, different win 10 versions
(education, pro - old and recent updates), disabling firewall, running as
administrator.

When I gave reg access and run as admin, errors stopped but Aermod didn't
run. So giving full access doesn't solve my problem.

If you have any suggestions for this problem, I would like to try. I need
to mention my computer knowledge is only end-user level so I am not
familiar with technical terms.

Thanks,

Tolga