[mpich-discuss] _get_addr error while running application using MPICH

Zhifeng Yang yangzf01 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 10:27:39 CST 2018

Hi

After I installed mpich and used it in a FORTRAN code. There is an error
while running this FORTRAN code called real.exe by using the following
command

$./real.exe
or
$mpirun ./real.exe
real.exe: error: _get_addr: No such file or directory
real.exe: error: _get_addr: No such file or directory
real.exe: error: _get_addr: No such file or directory
Fatal error in MPI_Init: Other MPI error, error stack:
MPIR_Init_thread(784).....:
MPID_Init(1323)...........: channel initialization failed
MPIDI_CH3_Init(120).......:
MPID_nem_init_ckpt(852)...:
MPIDI_CH3I_Seg_commit(364): PMI_Barrier returned -1

But while using mpirun with specifying number of processors. as follows
$mpirun -np 1 ./real.exe
There is no error any more. I am not sure why? do you have any explanation?
Thank you very much

Best regards
Zhifeng