[mpich-discuss] _get_addr error while running application using MPICH

Zhou, Hui zhouh at anl.gov
Mon Nov 19 09:33:02 CST 2018

On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 10:14:54AM -0500, Zhifeng Yang wrote:
>Thank you for helping me on this error. Actually, real.exe is a portion of
>a very large weather model. It is very difficult to extract it or duplicate
>the error in a simple fortran code, since I am not sure where the problem
>is. From your discussion, I barely can understand them, in fact. Even I do
>not know what is "_get_addr". Is it related to MPI?

It is difficult to pin-point the problem without reproducing it.

Anyway, let's start with mpirun. What is your output if you try:

    mpirun --version

Next, what is your mpich version? If you built mpich, locate the `cpi`
program in the examples folder and try `./cpi` and `mpirun ./cpi`. Do
you have error?

--
Hui Zhou