[mpich-discuss] Assertion failed in file ch3i_comm.c

Chao-Chin Yang ccyang at unlv.edu
Sat Oct 6 22:59:30 CDT 2018

Hi,

I am using

mpicxx for MPICH version 3.2.1
Apple LLVM version 10.0.0 (clang-1000.11.45.2)
Target: x86_64-apple-darwin17.7.0
Thread model: posix
InstalledDir: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin

But I run into a runtime error:

Assertion failed in file src/mpid/ch3/channels/nemesis/src/ch3i_comm.c at line 139: 0
internal ABORT - process 0
Assertion failed in file src/mpid/ch3/channels/nemesis/src/ch3i_comm.c at line 139: 0
internal ABORT - process 1

I looked into the source code ch3i_comm.c and found that there is a FIXME comment but I am not quite sure I get the picture.  So my question is:

In what condition(s) does one get this assertion error?

Sincerely,

Chao-Chin Yang
Postdoctoral Scholar
Department of Physics and Astronomy