[mpich-discuss] Travis CI unit tests failing with hwloc "operating system" error

Jeff Hammond jeff.science at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 10:13:21 CDT 2018

I just posted to the hwloc list but perhaps this is better solved via some
mpirun option.

I am running ARMCI-MPI over MPICH in a Travis CI Linux instance and
topology is causing it to fail.  I do not care about topology in a
virtualized environment.  How do I fix this?

* hwloc 2.0.0rc2-git has encountered what looks like an error from the
operating system.
*
* Group0 (cpuset 0x00001111,0x11111111) intersects with L3 (cpuset
0x00001000,0x02100002) without inclusion!
* Error occurred in topology.c line 1384
*
* The following FAQ entry in the hwloc documentation may help:
*   What should I do when hwloc reports "operating system" warnings?
* Otherwise please report this error message to the hwloc user's mailing
list
* along with the files generated by the hwloc-gather-topology script.

https://travis-ci.org/jeffhammond/armci-mpi/jobs/425342479 has all of the
details.

Jeff Hammond
jeff.science at gmail.com