[mpich-discuss] mpi_f08 and Totalview

Lorenzo Zanon zanon at mechbau.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon Sep 17 10:56:28 CDT 2018

Hello,

Regarding totalview, I read the follwoing warning in my c.txt file:

configure: WARNING: Some versions of gcc do not include debugging
information

within the executable. Totalview requires this information to detect

an MPICH code. If you have trouble, try linking with the additional

option

+noobjdebug

on all link lines (consider adding it to LDFLAGS)

How should I modify my configure line? For now, it is:

    ../mpich-3.2.1/configure F77=gfortran FC=gfortran
    -prefix=/data/homes/zanon/software/mpich/mpich-install
    --enable-debuginfo --enable-g=dbg,mem,log
    --with-pm=hydra:gforker:remshell 2>&1 | tee c.txt

Thanks!
Lorenzo