[mpich-discuss] Profiling MPICH Source Code

Jeff Hammond jeff.science at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 15:00:59 CDT 2019

First, you need to compile MPICH with debug symbols.
https://wiki.mpich.org/mpich/index.php/Building_MPICH_For_Development has
details.

Second, use a profiler like Linux perf or Intel Vtune to see what the
hotspots are.

Jeff

On Wed, Apr 3, 2019 at 11:54 AM SANJAY KUMAR via discuss <discuss at mpich.org>
wrote:

> Here at Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, Computer Science
> Department, we are trying to profile mpich source code itself. So as to
> analyze the internal function calls made by the mpich functions like
> MPI_Bcast etc.  I have tried so many profilers like IPM, gprof to
> compile the MPICH source code. But It turned out nothing works. I have
> also so many flags but nothing worked out. Could you please tell me how
> to profile the mpich source code itself.
>

> Thanks
>
> Sanjay Kumar
>
> Masters of Technology
>
> Compute Science Department