[mpich-discuss] What is the best way to connect to a spawned process?

Zhou, Hui zhouh at anl.gov
Wed Dec 4 13:42:55 CST 2019

Hi Kurt,

Let’s say you have a communicator of 10 processes (MPI_COMM_WORLD or any derivatives), and if you use that communicator to spawn process P, the result inter-communicator will be between your original comm (10 processes) and P’s MPI_COMM_WORLD (1 process), right? All original 10 processes should be already connected to P. Did I miss anything?

—
Hui Zhou