[mpich-discuss] Configuration options request

Raffenetti, Kenneth J. raffenet at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jan 11 09:25:03 CST 2019

These options have to do with how MPI processes communicate with the
process manager and its proxies. Typically, MPI processes communicate
over a Unix socket with the process manager or proxy.

--enable-allowport makes it so TCP/IP communication can also be used for
this feature. This option only applies to the gforker and remshell
process managers (--with-pm=gforker,remshell).

--enable-pmiport applies to the Hydra process manager, but is
conceptually the same.

Hope this helps.

Ken