[mpich-discuss] mpich/master: Something got wrong since may 24

Latham, Robert J. robl at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jun 11 12:59:06 CDT 2019

On Wed, 2019-06-05 at 09:18 -0400, Eric Chamberland via discuss wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am in the early debugging stages of something that broke on may 24
> on
> our test database with 17 tests against mpich/master branch.
>
> It seems related to MPI I/O, since we have observed the bugs just
> after
> MPI I/O reads.

Thanks for the report and the reproducer.

Since you mentioned MPI-IO, I suspect most of the MPICH team will say
"Oh, that must be RobL's problem", but I'm (at least partially) off the
hook!  Your test case doesn't have any call to MPI_File routines.

I created https://github.com/pmodels/mpich/issues/3846 to track this
defect.

==rob