[mpich-discuss] Preloading the libraries "LD_PRELOAD" Effect

Zhou, Hui zhouh at anl.gov
Wed Apr 22 11:44:53 CDT 2020

HI Kihang,

“LD_PRELOAD” mainly is used to tell dynamic linker to pre-bind symbols rather than to cache the loading. I don’t think it can gain you the benefits as you described.

As for tips for accelerating parallel programs, that is too broad a topic. Any tips I gave here would be just some random tips that may or may not be relevant to you. If you describe your actual applications, we may be able to give some more specific tips.

--
Hui Zhou