[mpich-discuss] How to spawn a non-MPI process with MPI_Comm_spawn

Mccall, Kurt E. (MSFC-EV41) kurt.e.mccall at nasa.gov
Mon Jan 6 09:50:12 CST 2020

I'm attempting to use MPICH to manage a number of non-MPI processes.    The latter call system() and fork(), which as I understand it may  cause undefined behavior if they were spawned as MPI processes.   How do I use MPI_Comm_spawn() to launch these processes?

For example, OpenMpi has a key for the "info" field named "ompi_non_mpi", which causes a non-MPI process to be spawned.   Is there something similar in MPICH?

Thanks,
Kurt