[mpich-discuss] MPICH build errors, cannot find -levent(_pthreads)

Zhou, Hui zhouh at anl.gov
Tue Mar 17 11:07:18 CDT 2020

  *   >> 14144 /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -levent
  *   >> 14145 /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -levent_pthreads
  *

Try find where is `libevent` installed and add it to `LIBRARY_PATH`. I think this dependency is pulled in from libtool library, probably one of the ucx dependency. Usually the libtool package should contain the `-L…` for the library. But the breakage will happen if one installs the library to a different paths than the one specified during configure.

These (libtool) magic are wonderful when it works, but so annoyingly difficult to address when it doesn’t 😊

--
Hui Zhou