[mpich-discuss] [mpich-devel] mpich3 error

Zhou, Hui zhouh at anl.gov
Fri Jan 15 23:43:23 CST 2021

Your description only mentions MPI_Gather. If there is indeed problem with MPI_Gather, then you should be able to reproduce the issue with a sample program. Share with us and we can better assist you. If you can’t reproduce the issue with a simple example, then I suspect there are other problems that you are not able to fully describe. We really can’t help much without able to see the code.

That said, I am not even sure what is the issue you are describing. 100 process MPI_Gather will be slower than 50 process MPI_Gather. And since it is a collective, if one of your process is delayed due to some computations or else, the whole collective will take longer to finish just due to waiting for the late process. You really need tell us what your program is doing in order for us to even offer an intelligent guess.

--
Hui Zhou