[mpich-discuss] A question about mutex timing

Zhou, Hui zhouh at anl.gov
Wed Mar 17 15:56:03 CDT 2021

Unfortunately, `--enable-mutex-timing` is a leftover option that now does nothing. One option is to enable logging – following this guide https://wiki.mpich.org/mpich/index.php/Debug_Event_Logging . If you set `MPICH_DBG_CLASS=THREAD`, you should see in the log file entries like “enter/exit MPIDU_Thread_mutex_lock xxx”, with timestamps.

If that is insufficient for you, you may have manually insert your own timing harness. The file you should modify is `src/mpid/common/thread/mpidu_thread_fallback.h`.

Hope that helps.

--
Hui Zhou