[mpich-discuss] “Invalid rank” error message MPICH2

Parviz Ghahramani Parviz.Ghahramani at inncelerex.com
Tue May 18 14:46:47 CDT 2021

Hi,
I am trying to run a process for parallelization over 4 cores. This is run on Windows EC2 instance on AWS.  Initially I was getting error message that MPI rejected credentials. I entered and registered the credentials.  Now I get the following message “Invalid rank”.

USING PARALLEL PROFILE C:\nm75g64\run\para300.pnm
MPI TRANSFER TYPE SELECTED
Building NONMEM Executable
Starting MPI version of nonmem execution ...
Manager Location EC2AMAZ-EP7B8E1\\c:\nm75g64\run
Fatal error in MPI_Send: Invalid rank, error stack:
MPI_Send(173): MPI_Send(buf=00000000037FFD40, count=1, MPI_INTEGER, dest=2, tag=2, MPI_COMM_WORLD) failed
MPI_Send(98).: Invalid rank has value 2 but must be nonnegative and less than 2

job aborted:
rank: node: exit code[: error message]
0: localhost: 1: process 0 exited without calling finalize
1: localhost: 123

Can anyone provide guidance what this message is and how I can resolve it?

Kind regards
Parviz